Sunday, May 15, 2016

Weekly West Coast 2016 - May 9 to May 15


"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
Dorothea Lange

I haven't been able to find out much about the circumstances of the quote above.  Without context, it's hard to know exactly what Lange meant when she made that statement.  I only know what the words mean to me now as I wander through my daily life snapping photos along the way.

I know that I'm noticing more.  I'm noticing the light on the poppies in my front yard, and I'm appreciative of the many colours of the morning sky. The act of taking these pictures gets me out of my head.  I'm not so lost in my thoughts that I'm unaware of the world around me. I'm becoming mindful, and this mindfulness is carrying over into other parts of my day. Through photography I'm learning to see without my camera.

Thanks to Hubby for helping me to select these pictures. 

Have a great week all! Sending you warm thoughts wherever you are!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen