Saturday, January 4, 2014

Sketching Butterflies

I was so pleased with my cats that I hit the laundry basket a second time for sketchbook inspiration. It didn't disappoint. I was quite sure I could draw a butterfly similar to the ones on these socks. I quite like the results, though I can't figure out how I managed to photograph the book upside down. No worries. Thanks to the wonders of electronic photo manipulation I was able to flip it around. The perspective is a bit wonky as a result, but, as I've already mentioned, perspective really isn't my thing, so I'm going with it. 


The inspiration

The re-creation



4 comments:

  1. Laurie, Monkey Queen, that butterfly is ready to fly off the page! I missed your last post, and now I'm curious about the Sketchbook Project. Will have to check it out. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Sue!

      What a nice thing to say. I'm rather pleased with how the butterfly turned out.

      You should check out the Sketchbook Project. I have the feeling it would be a perfect fit for such a talented person!

      Delete
  2. You say you're not an artist, but this butterfly and those cats are really good! In fact, you should be designing socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment Val! Maybe instead of saying I'm not an artist, I should say I'm a beginning artist. I feel like my efforts are pretty primitive, but I'm making the effort!

      Sock designer! What a laugh. If you had seen my one attempt at knitting socks...the results looked much like drunk sock puppets! Hence my appreciation for fine socks. I know what goes into making them.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. Your words of wisdom will appear once they have been previewed by the spam monkeys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Laurie the Monkey Queen